It was a huge adventure. My first time in America. My first really long flight. My first bout of jet lag. My first supermarket that was bigger than any store I had ever seen, probably about 10x the size of a regular Irish supermarket.
We decided to play safe. A loaf of bread.
Finally after walking what felt like 2 miles, we found the bread aisle. I couldn’t believe it, rows and row of bread. I was used to the local shop where you could chose, between 3 brands. Here there seemed to be 3000 brands.
I didn’t know where to start. It was overwhelming. It was confusing. I couldn’t tell the difference between them.
All these years later, I’m reminded of that moment because I see how hard it is to stand out. No matter what your business, but especially if you’re a coach, it’s really hard to be chosen, to be that tasty loaf that someone prefers!
So what do you do to stand out? Well here are 5 solid ways to make your business the one that your ideal client chooses:
- Know Your Client – figure out who you really want to serve.
- Know What They Want – what they’d give an arm and a leg to ‘fix’ in their lives.
- Know Your Offer – no, not coaching but the transformation that your coaching will give them.
- Know Your Story – what gives you the credibility and gives them the confidence that you are the right person to work with.
- Know How To Tell Your Story – so that your ideal client is attracted to YOU, fascinated by your story and ready to sign up!
If you get really clear on these 5 crucial steps – you will stand out. You will be successful, you will transform your business.
Which of these 5 steps do you need to focus on this week?